Saturday, 14 May 2011

The travails of a Beginner

I have started with first few words that will become part of my first blog. I really do not know what to write about but the beginning has to be made before this spirit of trying something new fizzes out. So, let me begin this as a part of self introspection about the reasons I have chosen to blog. There is no clear motive. So, unwillingly even at the risk of hindsight rationalization, I have to track the pattern of my thoughts on this question to come up with some sort of answer. The first thought that comes to me is that opportunity of self expression have diminished over the years for me. The medium of self expression for me since the childhood days has been game of Cricket. The desire to perform well in the playground used to evoke all my energy. Those were heady days of school when I tried to rush back home after school to have maximum time to play before a setting sun put an end to the most important activity of the day. After that it has been more about trying to eke out a career. This journey would have been quite arduous had it not been the bunch of friends that I had at college. With job and lack of initiative on my part, I have been reduced to a 8X5 worker. Hopefully this try at blogging will at least temporarily get me out this routine.
huh..writing is mighty challenging for me..good time to put an end to this travails for today

2 comments:

  1. Dude you are not a 8x5 worker. You are 24X7 worker. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @praveen.. now I am out of the bonus and hike thing..so let the truth prevail :)

    ReplyDelete